Quant solutions for all weathers
Mon Feb 22, 2010
Using a strategy of 'targeted non-correlation', Pure Capital aims to turn client problems into opportunities while maintaining a sense of social responsibility
Using a strategy of 'targeted non-correlation', Pure
Capital aims to turn client problems into opportunities while
maintaining a sense of social responsibility
Most hedge fund management in the Asia-Pacific region
features fairly standard long/short equity investment with a
pronounced bias to the long side. There are exceptions to the
rule, of course, and there is no doubt that the region has much
less of an -equities long-side bias than it used to. Still,
hedge fund operations in the purer sense of the word are still
comparatively few and far between.
New Zealand company Pure Capital is one such company that
bucks the more common regional trend.
Headquartered in Wellington and with an office in
Christchurch and a developing presence in London, the firm
launched its Pure BetaMatch equity protection programmes in the
second half of 2007. The aim was to protect existing investment
portfolios in bear markets and enhance...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager