New hedge fund launches on the rise again in second half of 2009
Wed Feb 24, 2010
While last year marked the fewest number of new funds launched since EuroHedge first compiled its annual survey, the rise in launch numbers in the second half of 2009 is an encouraging trend for service providers and investors alike
The pace of new hedge fund launches in Europe started to
pick up rapidly in the second half of 2009 after a dramatic
slowdown earlier in the year - although the acceleration in
activity in the final months of the year was not enough to stop
the full-year result being the lowest for many years.
That is the core finding of the annual survey of new hedge
fund launches conducted by the EuroHedge research and data team
- which shows that at least 142 new hedge funds launched in
Europe in the 2009 calendar year, raising combined assets of
some $11.1 billion.
number of new funds launched was the lowest since 2000 - when
EuroHedge first started compiling its annual survey of new fund
launches - and was lower even than the 149 new European funds
launched in 2001, when the industry was a fraction of its
In terms of...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager