Toronto long/short shop Vantage makes strong debut
Mon Mar 15, 2010
An innovative fee-sharing program helps the firm exceed the typical Canadian launch size.
Vantage Asset Management, a Toronto startup that launched a
long/short relative value and M&A arbitrage fund on March
1, has hit the ground running with launch assets of C$40
million ($38.9 million)—thought to make it one of the
biggest hedge fund launches in Canada over the past couple of
years. An established Canadian fund manager and a prime
brokerage official both said the average Canadian launch was
around C$10 million. Vantage has adopted an innovative
fee-sharing incentive program for founding investors, which is
likely to have boosted day-one assets.
While many Canadian managers begin with a domestic launch and
roll out an offshore version at a later date,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager