Ex-Smith Breeden pro joins Duke finance prof. to launch global macro firm QMS
Fri Mar 19, 2010
Peter Nolan of Smith Breeden and Michael Brandt of Duke University join forces.
Peter Nolan, formerly a principal at U.S. fixed-income firm
Smith Breeden Associates has joined with Duke University
finance professor Michael Brandt to form QMS Capital
Management, a quantitative global macro shop. The firm plans to
launch a $200 million managed account on May 1, and could open
to outside investors by yearend.
QMS, which is based in Durham, N.C., will initially trade
managed futures, global interest rates, currencies, stock
indices, and commodities. Within six months, the firm
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager