Decades-old fund makes debut marketing push to exploit takeover surge
Tue Mar 30, 2010
David Simon is raising money for Twin Capital Management to further invest in what he predicts will be a substantial increase in mergers and acquisitions.
David Simon’s Twin Capital Management, which he
founded in 1988, is marketing his fund for the first time. The
$230 million firm manages two event-driven/special situations
hedge funds, as well as some managed accounts, and is now
primarily seeking institutional money.
"We didn’t actively look for money [in the
past]," Simon said. "My whole philosophy has been to maximize
returns, and the best way to do that is for me to stay on my
trading desk." Despite not having pounded the pavement, Simon
was able to grow Twin...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager