Ex-Davidson Kempner portfolio manager Roderick Wong returns with healthcare fund
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Wed Apr 14, 2010
Planning a comeback after the liquidation of his healthcare fund, Roderick Wong hopes to profit from Obama’s healthcare reforms.
Roderick Wong, whose healthcare fund at Davidson Kempner
Advisers was liquidated at the end of 2008 following a loss of
nearly 30%, is charging back into money management with the
launch of long/short healthcare strategy at his new firm RTW
The RTW Onshore Fund, which was launched in March, has now
opened to outside capital and is looking to raise as much as
$500 million. Wong is climbing his way back to the top of
healthcare investing, where he stood in mid-2008 when his
Davidson Kempner Healthcare Fund managed $750 million after
producing strong returns.
Wong joined Davidson Kempner in 2005 from Sigma Capital...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager