Building the foundations of success brick by brick
Wed Apr 21, 2010
Former CQS and Lehman fixed-income head Mark Benson has made a striking start with his Ravenscourt Capital long/short credit operation - and assets are starting to build momentum
As a test case of just how difficult and demanding it has
been for even an experienced hedge fund manager to get a new
firm up and running in the past couple of years, Mark Benson
and Conrad Santos's Ravenscourt Capital Partners long/short
credit operation provides pretty powerful evidence.
Benson, Ravenscourt's CIO and portfolio manager, has no
shortage of experience or track record in the fixed-income and
credit space in which his firm's flagship Ravenscourt
Multi-Strategy Credit Fund operates - having spent the past 25
years as an investment banker and a portfolio manager
specialising in fixed-income.
Formerly head of fixed-income at Lehman Brothers in Europe,
and subsequently in charge of asset management and private
equity at Lehman's European operation, he joined Michael
Hintze's big CQS -operation in 2005 as chief investment officer
of fixed-income, before leaving CQS two years later and
launching Ravenscourt in 2008.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager