Ex-PIMCO global strategist prepares macro fund
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Lee Thomas, who helped grow PIMCO’s multibillion-dollar business as its global strategist, is preparing to launch a macro fund.
Flint Rock Global Investors, founded in 2008 by ex-Pacific
Investment Management Co. global strategist Lee Thomas, is
preparing to launch a global macro strategy, which will begin
taking in outside investors on June 1. The fund manages $30
million, and Thomas hopes to increase assets to $300 million
within the next two years.
Thomas launched Flint Rock Global Investors in June 2008 as a
family office. The Flint Rock Global Macro Fund gained 11.64%
in its first partial year and rose 12.26% in 2009.
Before Flint Rock, Thomas spent four years as head of
investment management at Alpha Vision Capital Management, a
subsidiary of Alliance Global Investors, a role he took in 2004
after leaving PIMCO.
Thomas joined PIMCO as a portfolio manager...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager