Paulson: "We do operate in a litigious environment"
By Lawrence Delevingne
Fri Apr 23, 2010
Paulson prepares investors for the possibility of a legal battle related to the SEC case against Goldman Sachs, though he thinks such an outcome is unlikely.
Paulson & Co. Inc. wasn’t charged in the
Securities and Exchange Commission’s allegations
of securities fraud against Goldman Sachs and has forcefully
denied any wrongdoing, but the powerful hedge fund is still
preparing investors for a potential legal battle. As AR has
reported, some legal experts believe that Paulson could be sued
for its role in creating and betting against a synthetic
collateralized debt obligation called ABACUS 2007-AC1
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager