Lawyers come out swinging for GLG
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu May 27, 2010
At least nine law firms are circling the Man Group acquisition of GLG looking for a payday.
On May 17, Man Group agreed to buy rival GLG Partners for
$1.6 billion, a 55% premium at $4.50 per share. The lawyers
have been coming out ever since.
At least nine law firms have launched investigations into the
purchase, looking for GLG shareholders who believe the purchase
price was too low.
"The firm's investigation seeks to determine whether GLG and
its Board breached their fiduciary duties by entering into the
agreement without properly shopping for a deal that would
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager