Och-Ziff raises $2 billion in 2010 despite flat performance
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Wed Jun 9, 2010
The wizard of OZ conjures up a powerful display of marketing prowess.
Och-Ziff Capital Management Group has raised $2.3 billion in
the first six months of 2010 despite flat performance across
all of its funds. As of June 1, Daniel Och’s firm
managed $25.6 billion, up from $23.5 billion on January 1.
Investors have crowded into the firm every month this year.
October 2009 was the last time Och-Ziff suffered redemptions,
when investors took out $200 million.
On June 1, Och-Ziff was able to raise $200 million, despite
losing $600 million due to poor performance in May. All
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager