May maelstrom fries Bacon and tames Tigers
By Britt Erica Tunick
Tue Jun 15, 2010
Tiger cubs howl and Third Point loses some edge.
May was a disaster for hedge funds, with many of the
industry’s biggest funds performing worse than the
AR indices they are measured against. And the losses
weren’t limited to any one strategy.
Some of the top hedge fund firms that were hit with losses in
May include Harbinger Capital Partners, King Street Capital
Management, Maverick Capital, Moore Capital Management, Paulson
& Co., Shumway Capital Partners, Third Point Management,
Tiger Global Management, Tudor Investment Corp., and York
The May market turmoil, including the so-called "Flash Crash"
of May 6, ongoing fears of instability in the European markets,
and the seemingly endless...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager