Barnegat drops, but Bob Treue sees May as a blip
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Fri Jun 18, 2010
Bob Treue’s fixed income arbitrage shop, which returned 132% in 2009, suffered its first down month in a year and a half.
Bob Treue has maintained his composure despite losing 4.3% in
May, his first down month in a year and a half. The month that
did much worse damage to a variety of strategies was, he
believes, just a bump. "It’s a sign that people
are still very scared," he said. "I don’t see
anything dramatically changing."
Treue’s firm, $432 million Barnegat Fund
Management, hasn’t altered its focus as a result
of May’s mayhem, which lowered the return of its
flagship fixed income arbitrage vehicle, Barnegat Fund, to 7.1%
for the year. "Generally, when people panic, we lose...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager