Avenue Capital’s fund of funds dips in May
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Tue Jun 29, 2010
Marc Lasry’s Avenue Strategic Partners dropped 1.79% in May yet remains positive on the year, returning 3.43% in 2010. The fund is invested York, Glenview, Marathon and Gracie Capital, among others.
Marc Lasry’s Avenue Capital Group, which
manages $19.7 billion, has produced solid performance in its
distressed and special situations fund of funds, which is up
3.43% through May despite a loss of 1.97% that month.
Avenue Strategic Partners, which manages $236 million, is
invested in York Capital Management, Davidson Kempner Capital
Management, Marathon Asset Management and Taconic Capital
Advisors, among others.
Last year, the fund gained 23.36%, a nice recovery after
dropping 21.54% from its June 2008 inception through yearend
2008. Assets at Lasry’s firm are just below a July
2008 peak of $20.45 billion.
As of April, Avenue Strategic Partners was invested with 18
managers (see chart of the top ten below).
As of April, roughly 9.4% of Avenue Strategic
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager