Matrix ready to grow its 'plug-and-play' platform with managers that fit the model
Fri Jul 2, 2010
Several new high-profile hires show the UK firm's commitment to finding the right managers to enhance its portfolio and reputation
Matrix Group in London seems to be good at sourcing capital.
Since it was founded in 1987, the privately owned financial
company has raised $11 billion for client-related investment
projects, including film financing, shipping and creative hedge
fund structures. Matrix runs more than $4 billion of client
money in cash and alternative investments.
Now, as part of an expansion drive that includes a move to
larger London premises and new offices in Dubai, Matrix has set
its sights on growing its hedge fund platform.
What Matrix has to offer is not the classic seeding model
with capital committed up front in exchange for fee sharing or
an equity stake for the duration of the deal. Instead, the
company offers a complete support and marketing service that
allows hedge fund managers to get on with the business of
running their portfolios. "If they want to concentrate...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager