ISLA urges EC to harmonise short-selling rules
Thu Jul 8, 2010
The International Securities Lending Association (ISLA) is
urging consistent and proportionate regulation for
short-selling, in response to a current European Commission
The EC is consulting on measures that enable authorities to
restrict or ban short-selling temporarily in emergency
situations, increase transparency to regulators and the market
about short-selling positions and reduce settlement risks of
uncovered or naked short-selling.
ISLA said it believes short-selling is...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager