Chenavari builds on stellar returns to grow credit market platform
Thu Jul 22, 2010
Loïc Fery's boutique has established itself as one to watch in credit, managing two high-performing funds and developing a pipeline of new asset management initiatives
In a three-year period that has seen many hedge fund firms
wrestle with poor performance, stifled investor inflows and -
in the case of some new start-ups - an inability to get off the
ground at all, Loïc Fery's London-based credit outfit
Chenavari has certainly risen to the challenge.
Established in 2007 as the financial sector was starting to go
into a tailspin, the firm has launched two credit hedge funds
successfully, both of which have gone on to post impressive
returns. With close to $600 million under management, the firm
is also branching out - taking on long-only mandates and
developing a UCITS version of its flagship.
Fery is a well-known face and name in the credit space.
Before setting up his own shop, he was Calyon's global head of
credit markets. He had joined Crédit Agricole Investment
Banking from Société Générale in
2001, with a mandate to build a...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager