New hedge fund launches start to pick up pace in first half of 2010
Thu Jul 22, 2010
The EuroHedge first-half new fund survey shows a turning point, with an 80% rise in assets raised compared with this time last year and a big jump in the number of onshore strategies launching under the UCITS regulated framework
The pace of new hedge fund launches in Europe
is continuing to pick up from its lowest point in the first
half of 2009, but is still running at historically low
The bi-annual new fund survey conducted by the EuroHedge
data and research team shows that at least 58 new hedge funds
launched in the first six months of this year, raising a
combined $3.75 billion as at the end of June.
That compares with 47 funds raising a mere $2.1 billion in
the first half of last year - which was the lowest first-half
figure since 2001- and represents a rise of 80% in terms of the
assets raised, although the increase in the number of funds is
much lower at less than 25%.
The improvement is more marked, however, if one takes into
account the number of new onshore hedge fund strategies that
have been launched...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager