Ex-Highland executive preps hedge fund buildup at $12bn Onex
By Lawrence Delevingne
Wed Jul 28, 2010
Jack Yang talks about his plans to expand the firm's $900 million hedge fund platform.
Jack Yang is moving briskly to expand the hedge fund
business of Canada’s largest private equity
The former partner and business development chief at Texas
hedge fund Highland Capital Management was recently hired as
the managing partner of Onex Credit Partners, the
credit-focused hedge fund unit of $12 billion Toronto private
equity group Onex Corporation, which is sometimes referred to
as the "KKR of Canada."
Less than a month into his new role, Yang is searching for
Manhattan office space, hiring the unit’s first
marketers, and considering additional funds for the existing
"The point is to develop the firm into a larger,
institutional-quality manager," said...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager