Plainfield scrambles after whistleblower complaint
By Britt Erica Tunick
Tue Aug 24, 2010
Reportedly accused of overstating the value of its assets, the firm denies the charges.
Max Holmes has once again found himself in the position of
having to defend Plainfield Asset Management, this time
following news that a whistleblower complaint has been
anonymously filed against the firm with the Securities and
"We have yet to see the letter, but based upon the description
in the press, we can say with absolute certainty that the
allegations contained in it are utterly without merit," said
Plainfield’s general counsel Thomas Fritsch in a
letter to investors sent just hours after an article in the New
York Post revealed the complaint.
According to the allegations reportedly made within the
complaint, Holmes and his...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager