D.E. Shaw to give back money in multistrategy fund
By Katrina Dean Allen
Mon Sep 13, 2010
The firm has returned capital in its multistrategy fund and is offering a new option that will allow investors to avoid exposure to private investments.
D.E. Shaw is making good on redemption requests from
investors in its multistrategy D.E. Shaw Composite fund after
almost two years of limited withdrawals, and the firm expects
assets to drop significantly as a result. But in a move to
attract new investors, the firm is at the same time offering a
new share class for the multistrategy fund that will exclude
exposure to its less liquid side pockets.
The firm recently notified investors that it would be lifting
a gate of 6.25% on investor withdrawals that the firm set in
its original offering documents. D.E. Shaw noted that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager