Recovery in European hedge fund asset growth stalls in the first half
Wed Sep 22, 2010
The rebound in European hedge fund assets halted in 1H 2010, on the back of flat performance and with inflows and outflows cancelling each other out. But UCITS assets are growing quickly
Assets in European hedge funds remained virtually static in
the first half of 2010 - standing at a total figure of $382
billion at the end of June this year, almost exactly unchanged
from the figure at the start of the year.
The mid-year European hedge fund assets survey, conducted by
the EuroHedge research and data team, shows that the industry's
recovery from its earlier steep decline in 2008 and 2009 is
taking longer than might have been expected or hoped.
sharply throughout the previous 18 months, assets in European
hedge funds had started to bounce back during the second half
of 2009 to reach a total figure of more than $382 billion by
the end of last year.
The year-end survey showed an increase in assets of close to
10% from the low of $350 billion in European assets that we
recorded at the mid-year stage in 2009...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager