Meet the reps: MFA announces its new board
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Sep 28, 2010
Fresh off several Washington victories, the hedge fund lobbyist tries to keep the momentum going.
Hedge funds learned
of their representatives in Washington today as industry
lobbyist Managed Funds Association announced its 2010 and 2011 board of
The theme is
continued engagement with regulators and lawmakers following
several successful efforts to block what were seen as onerous
aspects of financial reform legislation and other issues
affecting the industry, particularly taxation (See "How hedge funds shaped financial reform," AR June 2010).
There’s still plenty of work to be done. Much
of the Dodd-Frank law’s provisions are still being
decided at the regulatory level, and the MFA subsequently notes
that new board members—including newly elected
directors representing Advent, AQR, Highbridge, Highside,
TPG-Axon, and Winton—have policy experience at
Treasury, CFTC, and the SEC. The board is...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager