ALFI conference: UCITS put pressure on US jobs, says Forward Management
Tue Oct 5, 2010
The dominance of UCITS funds is creating challenges for US-based fund managers, according to Paul Schaeffer from Forward Management.
Schaeffer, director of strategy for California-based
alternative investment manager Forward, told the Association of
the Luxembourg Fund Industry conference on 29 September last
week in Luxembourg that the US has to realise that
globalisation has resulted in greater interconnection with
He said: "One of the challenges for the US is that
UCITS are becoming the dominant investment vehicle globally and
it is resulting in US-based fund managers sending jobs overseas
because UCITS are creating jobs in Europe.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager