Marathon émigré Brett Jefferson is up nearly 31% this year
By Anastasia Donde
Wed Oct 13, 2010
Jefferson's Hildene Capital Management is producing stunning returns in a drab year by investing in small community banks.
Hildene Capital Management, the $200 million distressed debt
firm founded by former Marathon Asset Management portfolio
manager Brett Jefferson two years ago, has been posting
impressive returns in 2010. The Hildene Opportunities Fund rose
1.61% in September, putting it up 30.93% for the year.
The fund’s only down month this year was in June,
when it lost 0.30%, according to a recent investor letter. The
AR Distressed Index was up 1.6% in September and 8.06% for the
Hildene was launched...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager