Who is Todd Combs?
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Oct 26, 2010
The head of little-known Castle Point Capital Management was revealed today as Warren Buffett’s hand-picked designee to manage Berkshire Hathaway’s investments.
| Munger and Buffett (Photo:
Until today, Todd Combs was a successful but largely unknown
manager of a small Greenwich, Connecticut hedge fund. But Combs
has been thrust into the spotlight with the announcement that
Warren Buffett has chosen him to manage a large chunk of
Berkshire Hathaway’s roughly $100 billion
investment portfolio, one of the most high-profile money
management positions in the world.
"For three years Charlie Munger and I have been looking for
someone of Todd’s caliber to handle a significant
portion of Berkshire’s investment portfolio,"
Buffett said in a statement announcing that Combs will soon be
hired by Berkshire as an investment manager. "We are delighted
that Todd will be joining us."
Combs, 39, runs Castle Point Capital Management, a
financials-focused long/short equity fund launched in November
2005 that managed $405 million...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager