BlueCrest to shut BlueTrend UCITS fund on tracking error fears
Wed Oct 27, 2010
BlueCrest is planning to shut down the $600 million UCITS version of its multi-billion dollar BlueTrend systematic trading CTA strategy because of fears that the tracking error between the onshore version of the strategy and the original offshore version is about to exceed its maximum permitted level
The BlueTrend UCITS Fund, which is managed by BlueCrest and
which is on the Bank of America Merrill Lynch UCITS platform,
is expected to close at the end of November –
according to a letter sent to investors.
The tracking error of the UCITS fund compared to the
original Cayman offshore version of the fund, which has $10.2
billion of assets under management, is expected to be a maximum
of 3.5%. So far the UCITS fund has performed broadly in line
with the expectations that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager