Are UCITS shaping the design of indices?
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Indices have always dominated the institutional investors’ mindset, but they are increasingly becoming a key part of an investors’ tool kit.
It seems that the development of the UCITS wrapper is
starting to shape the design of product based indices as a
result of investment banks and other providers creating more of
Stuart McLaren from Deloitte
Barclays Capital launched a UCITS hedge fund replicator fund
designed to offer exposure to the hedge fund industry through
the investment bank’s replicator index last week.
Another example of a UCITS product using indices is
multi-strategy index aggregator, London-based
HCM’s Torrus Funds - Merrill Invest
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager