Expect more UCITS hedge fund closures, says Albourne
Thu Nov 11, 2010
Liquid UCITS hedge funds can potentially create greater systemic risks and there will be more fund closures in the sector, according to hedge funds consultant.
Dr Bernhard Steege, senior analyst and partner at consultant
Albourne Partners says, that the potential liquidity mismatch
is a far greater risk than if the fund underperforms or the
perceived high charges.
Dr Bernhard Steege from Albourne Partners
But the future of UCITS hedge funds is great and he expects
assets under management and the number of funds to grow, Steege
He says: "I expect that there will be some closures and one
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager