FOHF need good performance to prove value, says Gems
Fri Nov 12, 2010
The proliferation of UCITS hedge funds is growing which is creating opportunities for fund of hedge funds who want to use the wrapper, according to Miguel Abadi from Gems Advisors.
chief executive of London-based Gems was responding to report
published by KdK Asset Management which stated that UCITS hedge
fund of funds were likely to see "explosive growth" in assets
under management and number of funds (
see earlier story).
adds that managers of funds of funds are seeking absolute
returns not just through hedge funds but through other
He says: "Because this is a new space, growth so far has not
been enormous. It has the capacity to grow, however,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager