Nuclear-powered Thunder tops the AR database in October
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Fri Nov 12, 2010
Richard Greene’s Thunder Capital made impressive gains in October from investments in three Canadian uranium mining companies.
In October, Thunder Capital Management’s bets on
uranium mining companies earned the small Clearwater, Fla.
hedge fund the top monthly return in the AR database. The
firm’s Thunder Energy Partners Fund rose 28.2% for
Uranium, the chief element used in civilian nuclear power
plants, is currently trading at $57 a pound, and due to an
increased demand for the element around the world as more power
plants are being constructed, founder and portfolio manager
Richard Greene believes the price of uranium will continue to
Operating with this view, Thunder gained another 23% through
November 11. Still, the year has not been easy for the firm,
which manages less than $10 million and has been down seven out
of ten months in 2010. Thunder...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager