Shumway restructures, investors allowed to redeem
By Lawrence Delevingne
Tue Nov 16, 2010
Investors can get out penalty free because of Chris Shumway’s transition from CIO to CEO.
Investors in Shumway Capital Partners have until December 3 to
submit redemption requests or else tacitly approve the
firm’s announced restructuring, in which founder
and Tiger cub Chris Shumway will step back from his role as
chief investment officer.
Shumway has handed his role to former equities head Tom
Wilcox, who will transition to CIO effective January 1, 2011
and will be the funds’ sole portfolio manager.
Shumway will continue to serve as the firm’s chief
executive officer and chairman of the management committee. The
restructuring was first reported by Bloomberg. The firm, which
was founded by Shumway in 2002,...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager