Winton’s Harding donates £20 million for Cambridge physics research
Wed Nov 17, 2010
David Harding, the well-known founder and chairman of
managed futures giant Winton Capital Management, is donating
£20 million to the University of Cambridge’s
department of physics, the Cavendish Laboratory.
The donation will be used to set up and fund The Winton
Programme for the Physics of Sustainability, which will apply
physics to meet the growing demand on natural resources.
Harding’s gift is the largest donation to the
laboratory since its creation in...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager