AIFMD will create opportunities for regulated hedge funds, says Allfunds
Thu Nov 18, 2010
The Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive, approved by the European Parliament last week, will create opportunities for the onshore regulated hedge fund sector, according to the chief executive of Allfunds Alternative.
Landeta, chief executive officer of adviser Allfunds
Alternative, says that the approval of the AIFM Directive,
which was drawn up as a result of the global financial crisis,
marks a significant development for firms that specialise in
Largo Landeta from Allfunds
Landeta says: "The approval of the AIFM Directive by the
European Parliament is a significant development for us and a
very interesting trend because our alternatives business is
focused on regulated hedge funds."
He adds: "UCITS funds have greater transparency, liquidity
and regulation than their offshore counterparts. It is also a
global brand. If...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager