UK’s FSA warns about potential UCITS mis-selling
Mon Nov 22, 2010
The UK regulator has warned that there could be an increased risk of mis-selling.
Some regulators are skeptical about the merits of UCITS hedge
funds, according to a report published by
PricewaterhouseCoopers, From black box to open book: Hedge
fund trust and transparency.
Andrew Crain, manager of London-based Financial Services
Authority’s alternative investments and asset
management team, explains: "As we see the market for UCITS-type
products with hedge fund attributes proliferate, there may be
an increased risk of mis-selling or
"Structural differences between UCITS products and the
underlying hedge funds they are...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager