Balyasny confirms government subpoena
By Josh Friedlander
Wed Nov 24, 2010
The firm confirmed to clients today that it has received a broad request for information.
Balyasny Asset Management wrote to its investors today to
indicate that the firm had been subpoenaed on Monday. Citing
The Wall Street Journal had reported Monday that
the firm was one of several targeted by the government's
widespread inquiry into insider trading.
"Late Monday afternoon we received a faxed subpoena from the
government requesting a broad set of general information for
the last few years," said the Balyasny letter. "Our internal
compliance processes have always been top tier, and our
personal trading policies strict and well communicated.
Therefore, while we...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager