Balyasny suspends use of expert networks
By Britt Erica Tunick
Fri Dec 3, 2010
While under investigation, the firm has suspended its use of the research firms that have lately drawn intense government scrutiny.
As Balyasny Asset Management finds itself under the
governmental microscope, the firm has suspended its use of
third party research firms and is stepping up its internal
compliance efforts—and it’s not
In the wake of a widespread government probe into insider
trading activities among hedge funds, which recently included
Federal Bureau of Investigation raids at Diamondback Capital
Management, Level Global Investors and Loch Capital Management
along with subpoenas of firms including Balyasny, many hedge
funds have begun reevaluating their research relationships and
examining potential legal risks. "We just think
it’s prudent right now, given everything
that’s going on, to put a pause on our external
relationships," said Barry Colvin, a vice chairman at Balyasny.
He notes that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager