Sandell AM mulls second UCITS hedge fund launch
Wed Dec 8, 2010
Merger and acquisitions activity is expected to grow in 2011 because largest companies have amassed almost $3 trillion of cash on their balance sheets, according to Thomas Sandell, New York-based founder of Sandell Asset Management.
The 1,000 largest companies by market value worldwide have
amassed about $2.87 trillion in cash and equivalents (a figure
excluding financial services firms), he says. This, coupled
with the low interest rate environment, has made it ripe for
These improving market conditions have prompted Sandell AM
to consider launching a second UCITS fund focusing on special
events next year.
Thomas Sandell founder of Sandell Asset Management.
Swedish-born Sandell says deal activity had a slow start to
2010. He says: "There is a lot of cash on corporate balance
sheets. Historically low interest rates...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager