Ex-Ramius analyst starts new funds
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Tue Dec 21, 2010
Paul Schulstad, a veteran merger arbitrage analyst, has launched a long/short equity fund and will debut an arbitrage fund next month.
Paul Schulstad, who previously worked as a merger arbitrage
analyst at Ramius Capital Group, has formed STO Capital
Management, a hedge fund firm in Saddle River, N.J.
He launched STO Capital Opportunity Partners, a long/short
equity fund, on November 15 and plans to roll out STO Capital
Arbitrage Partners, a merger arbitrage fund, in January 2011.
Schulstad spent two and a half years at Ramius, which as of
July 2010 managed $3 billion, and left the firm in early 2009.
Before Ramius, Schulstad spent seven years...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager