China to pave the way for second wave of UCITS launches, says Galaxy
Tue Jan 4, 2011
The second wave of hedge fund managers launching UCITS funds will include a number that use China strategies, according to Eddie Kir from Hong Kong-based Galaxy Asset Management.
Many investors like investing in China and other emerging
markets because they realise that growth in developed economies
in the US and Europe will be flat in the next few years,
according to Kir, director of marketing and business
development for Galaxy.
Eddie Kir from Galaxy Asset Management
He adds: "There are a lot of investment managers in Hong Kong
that are planning to launch a UCITS version of their hedge fund
Galaxy launched its equity long/short China Absolute Return
UCITS Fund on the Dublin-domiciled Merchant Capital platform in
November 2010. It currently has...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager