CastleRock launches UCITS hedge fund to compete with long-only counterparts
Mon Jan 10, 2011
CastleRock Asset Management is the latest US-based manager to launch a UCITS compliant hedge fund. Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, speaks with the asset manager’s New York-based founder, Paul Tanico, about the launch of the fund next month.
Paul Tanico, founder of New York-based CastleRock Asset
Management, says his firm’s new UCITS hedge
fund is competing with funds from the traditional long-only
The institutional share class of the fund launches on 1
February. CastleRock US Liquid Equities is a Luxembourg-based
UCITS III compliant version of the portfolio
manager’s flagship fund,
CastleRock Partners. It is a research-driven equity
strategy that invests in US companies with $1 billion plus
market capitalisations and the portfolio consists of 30 to 50
long stock positions.
Paul Tanico from CastleRock Asset Management
According to Tanico, CastleRock is the first manager to launch
a US long/short equity UCITS fund in the market with a wholly
independent structure. The SICAV launches in partnership with
Luxembourg Financial Group.
He says: "We are unique because we are one of the first
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager