Will AIFMD nurture or kill off UCITS hedge funds?
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Will alternative asset managers continue to set up UCITS
funds? That is the question the investment industry is now
asking according to one Dublin-based lawyer.
The Alternative Investment Fund Manager Directive, which was
approved by Members of the European Parliament in November
2010, means that there is more clarity about the sale and
distribution of hedge funds in Europe.
Donnacha O’Connor from law firm Dillon
In January 2013 the AIFM Directive will be transposed into
member states. Under the new legislation, passporting will be
introduced in 2015 for non-EU alternative investment fund
managers and current national private placement regimes will
end in 2018.
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager