Why domicile your fund in Ireland?
Tue Jan 11, 2011
Ireland is strong in the alternative sector and it provides
services to close to 40% of the entire global hedge fund
market, according to industry experts. For European hedge
funds, according to the last EuroHedge administrator survey
[read earlier story here], Ireland accounts for almost
two-thirds of the assets under administration.
One of its main competitors in the UCITS hedge fund space is
Luxembourg, the second largest fund jurisdictions in the world
and the largest in Europe. This is followed to a lesser extent
by Malta which has 5% corporation tax. Ireland’s
corporation tax is 12.5% and the same tax in Luxembourg is 10%
John McCann managing director of Trinity Fund
So what are the advantages of domiciling a fund in
Dermot Butler, chairman of Custom House Fund Services, says
that Ireland has spent the last 20 years developing itself as a
competent jurisdiction which became...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager