Hedge fund managers heading for a crossroads onshore, says RWC
Thu Jan 13, 2011
The direction of capital flows will decide the future of the UCITS hedge fund industry, according to Dan Mannix from RWC Partners.
Mannix, head of business development for London-based RWC,
says that the industry has been focusing on scarcity of capital
for hedge funds.
Dan Mannix from RWC Partners
He says: "There is a perception that UCITS does not have a
scarcity of capital issue. I think the future of the
so-called Newcits space will be dictated by the direction of
"There have been lots of noise surrounding UCITS hedge funds
but the reality is not much money has been raised.
"There are a large number of individual funds that...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager