Axonic launches mortgage fund with $150 million
By Lawrence Delevingne
Thu Jan 13, 2011
Former Goldman Sachs mortgage trader and Army Captain Clay DeGiacinto is hungry to take advantage of a still tumultuous housing market.
Structured credit shop Axonic Capital has launched with $150
million and hopes to raise as much as $1 billion from investors
seeking to profit from continued uncertainty in the U.S.
Founder and chief investment officer Clay DeGiacinto was most
recently portfolio manager for a structured products fund at
Tower Research Capital, a quantitative hedge fund in New York.
DeGiacinto ran Split Level at Tower, a private investment fund
that used the same strategy—and...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager