UBS adds to UCITS platform offering
Thu Jan 20, 2011
UBS is the latest investment bank to launch a UCITS platform. Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, speaks to directors Desikan Narasimhan and Daryl Wright about the platform.
UBS is the latest financial services company to launch a
UCITS platform. The UCITS hedge fund sector currently has
around 15 platforms servicing the sector each using different
charging, setting up, structuring and fee models.
The UBS Managed Accounts Arena Platform offers UCITS hedge
funds, together with Irish hedge funds and Cayman domiciled
UBS’s initial UCITS hedge fund focus will be on
relatively simple alternative strategies like equity
long/short, global macro and event driven.
Desikan Narasimhan, chief executive of the UBS Managed
Accounts Arena Platform, says it has received a lot of interest
from US and Asian-based managers who want to launch UCITS funds
onto its platform.
The platform is currently on-boarding an Asian long/short
equities fund and a European high yield bond fund.
Narasimhan says: "UCITS are a component of our overall
offering. We are looking for a broad representation of
different strategies for our platform like absolute...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager