Fauchier Partners has an aggressive approach to risk-taking to keep exposures on track
Thu Feb 3, 2011
Focused portfolios coupled with high-quality reporting have helped the firm build a solid performance record over the past few years
By Claire Makin
In recent months, Fauchier Partners has been keeping a close
watch on its managers for signs of faint-heartedness. The
danger is that managers fail to back up confident talk of
investment opportunities with actual exposures in their
portfolios, Clark Fenton, chief executive officer, points out.
"In today’s market environment, one of the great
challenges is making sure people are taking enough risk, and
enough of the right kind of risk," Fenton says.
Fenton and his colleagues care about this, because they run
relatively concentrated portfolios where each manager has been
selected to do a particular job. If risk needs to be reduced,
he and his team will change the fund mix or add to value-added
'insurance’ strategies. This way, they keep a
tight grip on risk exposures.
Fauchier Partners’ $8 billion in assets under
management is invested with only 70 or so underlying managers
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager