Undiscovered Europe: Opportunities for alpha?
Thu Feb 3, 2011
Plamen Monovski from Renaissance Asset Managers speaks with the editor of Absolute UCITS, Joy Dunbar, about opportunities in Eastern Europe.
There are lots of opportunities to generate alpha in Eastern
Europe because it is at an early stage of transformation,
according to Plamen Monovski from Renaissance Asset
Monovski, chief investment officer for RAM, the wealth
management arm of Moscow-based Renaissance Group, says that the
market cap to GDP in the equity markets of Emerging Europe is
Plamen Monovski: Renaissance Asset Managers
The London-based Bulgarian-born CIO previously co-ran an
Emerging Europe fund for BlackRock and worked at the asset
manager, and its predecessors MLIM and Mercury Asset Management
for more than a decade.
Monovski says that the objective of the Renaissance Emerging
Europe Long/Short Fund is to generate absolute return of more
than 20% with an estimated volatility target of 6% to 8%.
He says: "We also hope to capture some of the upward beta of
the market which is a difficult task. The markets that we
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager