Eton Park considers new emerging markets fund
By Suzy Kenly Waite
Mon Feb 7, 2011
In his latest investor letter, Eric Mindich discusses plans for a new emerging markets strategy, personnel changes, and his take on the U.S. government’s probe into insider trading, which the firm has avoided.
Eton Park Capital Management is considering whether to launch
an emerging markets fund to co-invest alongside its main funds,
according to the firm’s 2010 yearend investor
letter. "We are excited about our pipeline of emerging market
private investments, an area in which we believe we have a
significant competitive advantage," the firm said in the
January 18 letter. "We continue to actively pursue these
investments and in 2011, expect to further build our team
focused on these opportunities."
While private emerging markets investments interest the firm,
Eton Park reduced its U.S. private equity exposure last...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager