Boutique asset manager with unique distribution approach
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Joy Dunbar, editor of Absolute UCITS, speaks with the former co-heads of Insight Investment’s multi-asset team, Patrick Armstrong and Dr Ana Cukic Armstrong, about their new business, distribution model and investment approach.
The formation of Armstrong Investment Managers is a prime
example of the much talked about convergence between the
traditional long-only asset and hedge fund worlds colliding.
Dr Ana Cukic Armstrong: joint managing partner
of Armstrong Investment Managers
AIM was formed by former co-heads of Insight
Investment’s multi-asset team, Patrick Armstrong
and Dr Ana Cukic Armstrong, in 2009.
It has a qualified investment fund and acts as an
investment manager to Distinction Asset Management, which has
five daily liquid UCITS hedge funds (including one that is
awaiting regulatory approval).
Distinction has been set up as a partnership between wealth
managers The Fry Group – who seeded the UCITS funds
and have a longstanding investor relationship with the
Armstrongs – and investment management distributors
Distinction will offer independent financial advisors 65% of
equity in the business, if they commit £1 million of
identifiable assets, when they float...
ISSN: 2151-1845 / CDC10004H
By registering you will receive
- A monthly newsletter on your specified areas of interest
- A fortnightly update on the sector
Take a trial today and access
- Performance news, fund launches, regulation changes and people moves
- Profiles of fund managers, investors and distributors
- Live league tables
- Investor mandates
Start your subscription today!
- Access our news and performance data online from anywhere
- Receive weekly emails with the latest news and performance data
- Free copies of the bi-annual Global Review inc. the Billion Dollar Club
- 24/7 online support
- Dedicated account manager